This smooth and yummy lentil soup recipe is based on something my mother used to make for me and the family when I was a child. I can vividly remember siting on the back door steps of our childhood home, with a hot bowl of lentil soup steaming in the cold air. It’s yummy and even people who aren’t big veggie or soup eaters will enjoy this on a cold day. Another plus of this recipe is that it can normally be thrown together with things that are hiding in the back of your fridge, its healthy, tasty, great for vegetarians and so easy to put together. The measurements here make enough for 3-5 hungry people. Enjoy, and tell me if you tried it yourself and what you thought of it.
- 1-2 ( 2-3 for 6-8 servings ) tea cups of red lentil seeds
- 1-2 carrots finely chopped
- 1- 1/2 finely cubed cut Parsnip
- 1 celery stick copped in small pieces
- 2 finely copped tomatoes
- Pinch of fresh parsley leafs
- Pinch of Salt ( more if you like it stronger )
- 1 Knorr Veggie cube ( add a chicken flavor Knorr cube if you want a more meaty taste )
- Chop all of the veggies and place them in a bowl.
- Place lentil seeds on a low heat in a pan with 2-3 cups of water ( with every extra cup of lentil seeds, add one more cup of water if needed ) .
- When seeds are semi soft add the veggies in and mix.
- Allow boil on low heat.
- After 5-7 minutes add the fresh parsley leafs, pinch of salt and the the Knorr Veggie cube ( take the back end of a spoon and crush the veggie cube in to smaller chunks ).
- Low heat boil for 10-15 min and DONE!
Server with extra celery sticks, fresh warm bread and some Philadelphia cheese on the side.
Photos by Luoana Negut