Velvet is a bit like marmite, you either love it or you hate it. However, this year it’s had a bit of a revamp and velvet is now a huge trend that oozes luxury and sophistication to any interior.
If you’re looking to reboot your home for the cooler months, nothing adds instant autumnal warmth like sumptuous velvet. One of this year’s key interiors trends, this heavy fabric has had a major style uplift.
While the current trend is all about bold hues – from bright blue ottomans to coral pink love seats, velvet brings sophistication, beauty and most importantly, texture. But as you know I’m a big fan of the soft grey options too.
Here’s 5 ways you can velvet your place out in a modern, on-trend, comfortable and expensive-looking way that will not set you back much. I have a serious plush crush.
1. A Statement Velvet Armchair – Brings a sense of sophistication to any room, it could be the focal point or a way to compliment the rest of the furniture and space, pulling it all together.
2. Pop of texture with a Velvet Pillow or throw – Add just a touch of soft texture with a velvet blanket or pillow. Drape it over a chair, bed, or couch for a pop of color. Or pick a neutral tone to blend in with the rest of the room.
3. Velvet Upholstered Ottoman – Add extra seating with a plush button ottoman. This small piece of furniture is very versatile and easily moves around your home. Use it at the foot of your bed or in your living room.
4. Velvet Headboard – Bring luxury into your bedroom with a velvet headboard. The soft texture is great for making a bed more inviting.
5. Kitchen Velvet chair – Consider topping off bar stools or the backs of dining chairs. Choose a color to compliment the current color palate. Or you can step outside the lines and let the chairs make a bold statement.
How do you feel about the velvet trend in home decor?
For more velvet inspiration visit Uptown Style Pinterest board and get stuck in!
SHOP THIS POST